Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 29, Saturday - A Small Group of Citizens


Here is a photo from our little demo in Jasper, AR today in support of health care for all. There were eight of us, Jim of course was there but he is the photographer so I am holding both of our signs. You can click on the picture and enlarge if you want to read all the signs. Hopefully this is going on all over the nation. The reception in Jasper was cordial with about half the people driving by without looking, another half honking and giving the thumbs up. Just a couple of thumbs down and no other fingers that I saw. Do you think this is what Margaret Mead had in mind when she said:“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”? I hope she is right because this thing is getting really weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let my know what you think. I would like to hear form you. Edelle